Change Aadhaar Card Details After Marriage
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identity number issued to all Indian residents based on their biometric and demographic data. UIDAI is mandated to issue an easily verifiable 12 digit random number as Unique Identity – Aadhaar to all Residents of India.
This article will guide you on how to change aadhaar card details after marriage.
Most of the times women face a need to change their names or surnames after marriages on their husband’s surname. With this, they also have to change their names or surnames in loads of documents or identity cards.
Such an identity card or document is the Aadhaar Card.
After the wedding, a woman would want to change her surname or address after the wedding for her Aadhaar Card. So she has to register the change on the Aadhaar Card. Men, on the other hand, would be shifting to newer homes after getting married or might switch jobs, which might result in their addresses changed.
So how do you make these changes in the Aadhaar Card?
It’s pretty easy, though, as there are two ways by which you can alter the details of your aadhaar card like surname or address in your aadhaar card.
There are three channels or ways for changing the details of aadhaar card:
- Online (This is done over the internet) and by yourself.
- Offline (In this mode or channel you have to send physical documents via mail),
- Offline by Visting An Aadhaar Update Center,
I will be covering the first two channels, so rest assured and follow the tutorial carefully. If you have any question regarding anything; you can ask them in the comments section and I’ll clarify your queries.
Let’s cover the first channel.
1). How to Change AADHAAR CARD details Online?
This method or mode lets you change or modify your information online; the benefit of this mode is you can follow up
this method from anywhere and anytime.
You can change the following details in Aadhaar Card via the online channel method:
- Date of Birth
- E-mail ID
There are some few things to keep in mind before applying for aadhaar card details change via the online mode:
- Your Registered Mobile Number is mandatory in the online process. If you don’t have your upto date mobile number linked, you can follow up this process.
- You need to submit Documents for the change of – Name, Date of Birth and Address. However, Change in Gender and E-mail ID do not require any document.
- You have to fill details in both – English and Regional/Local language(Eg. Hindi, Oriya, Bengali, etc.)
- Aadhaar Card Details aren’t changed instantly. They get changed after Verification and Validation by the authority.
STEPS TO AADHAAR CARD DETAILS CHANGE ONLINE:
- Click Here for going to the link.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number.
- Fill Text Verification
- Click on Send OTP. The OTP is sent to your Registered Mobile number.
Now, You will be asked to choose the Aadhaar Card Details that you want to change.
- You can select multiple fields. Select the field and Submit.
- In next window fill the Correct Detail in both – English and Local language (if asked) and Submit.
For Example – Here one has to fill the Email ID
NOTE – If you are changing – Name, Date of Birth or Address, you have to upload the scanned documents. Click Here to know the Documents or Check them here.
- Verify the details that you have filled. If all the details look right, then proceed, or you can go back and edit once again.
- You might be asked for BPO Service Provider Selection. Select the provider belonging to your region.
- At last – You will be given an Update Request Number. Download or Print the document and keep it safe. It is required in checking the status of the complaint in future.
So this step completes the process of Aadhaar Card details changes online.
Now let’s cover the second channel which was the offline mode.
2). How to Change AADHAAR CARD details through post?
The other way of doing this (i.e. Aadhaar Card Details change) is by post.
Given below is the detail of the process for the modification:
STEPS TO CHANGE AADHAAR CARD DETAILS BY THE POST:
You might think that Changing the details through post would be a tedious process, but it’s also an easy process. It just requires time.
Also, you have always a doubt whether the authority is entertaining your request or not!
Follow the steps of the process:
- CLICK HERE to Download the UPDATE REQUEST FORM. Fill the form in CAPITAL LETTERS. All the fields are similar to what we have seen in the online process.
NOTE: The Mobile number is mandatory to fill. Also, fill working mobile number which you use frequently. It is because all the process related to Aadhaar Card is done with the help of the mobile number.
- You need to SEND original copies of supporting documents. For a list of Documents Click Here.
Name Correction/Update – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the Proofs of Identity(PoI) listed in “Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update.”
Date of Birth Correction (DoB) – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the DoB listed in “Supported Proof of Date of Birth Documents.”
Address Corrections/Change – Requires submission of ANY ONE of the Proofs of Address (PoA) listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address.”
- Write the Aadhaar no. And Type of Document(PoI/PoA/DoB) on all the copy of the document.
- Put all the documents in an envelope. Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on the top. Do not forget to seal the envelope correctly.
- Send the Aadhaar Correction form along with the supporting documents to any one of the addresses given below:
UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
But only sending the Aadhaar Card Details to change request is not enough.
You need to keep checking the status of the request.
Given below is the detail process:
CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR AADHAAR CARD DETAILS CHANGE REQUEST
Step 1 – Go the website by Clicking Here
Step 2 – Fill the Aadhaar No. and URN – Update Request Number
Step 3 – Click on “Get Status.”
That’s all you have to do! The new window on the screen will show the status of your request for the change in Aadhaar Card Details.
Thanks for reading this tutorial, if you came across a problem, don’t forget to ask for help in the comments below.